Filter by Subcategory
Beyond the Basics
Expecting Multiples 01/08
Registration is per person.
Couples expecting more than one baby will receive information specific to multiple pregnancy, birth, and parenting. Early participation in this class is advised (before 30 weeks gestation). If this is your first pregnancy, participation in one of our childbirth education classes is also strongly encouraged.
“Very helpful. Thank you for bringing in the Greater Portland Mothers of Multiples. They had great personal advice.”
Do you anticipate that your baby may be born early or with a medical condition which could result in a stay in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit)? Please join us for a tour of the NICU and have the chance to talk with NICU nurses. You will learn about common medical issues and NICU equipment, how your baby will be cared for, what parents can do to care for their baby in the NICU and hospital policies. This class is offered in collaboration with our March of Dimes NICU Family Support Program.
NICU Conference Room, MMC East TowerFREE
* Please contact Janelle G. Bainter, MSW, NICU Family Support Specialist at email@example.com or 207-662-4831 for more dates and to register for this class.
Private Infant Massage Sessions
with Mary Latendresse
Come spend an hour with just you and our expert to learn new massage techniques that soothe and comfort your little one, while addressing other key issues that come up in your baby's first year. Please bring your baby's favorite blanket. Massage oils provided!
Bring your baby and learn:
- Basic full body infant massage to promote:
- Soothing techniques for :
- Sleep and feeding cycle regulation
- Issues like teething and earaches
- Advanced techniques for troubleshooting symptoms related to common infant illness.
Please register if interested and we will reach out to find a date and time that works for you!