Filter by Category
Childbirth Education 3-Week Series
Childbirth Education 3-week Series
with Certified Educator
Registration includes a support person.
These comprehensive classes are designed to provide you and your labor partner with the information, skills, and resources to prepare you for the birth of your baby. Recommended for all first-time pregnant women and their birth partners.
- Class#1: Introduction to Labor & Delivery
- This class covers the stages and phases of labor, what to expect physically and emotionally, the importance of labor support, and more. You will also see birth videos.
- Class#2:Practical Skills and Comfort Measures
- This class will cover comfort measures such as relaxation, breathing, and positions that you can use both at home and while at the hospital. Whether you are planning to use pain medications, or just want to understand the available options, this class will provide you with the information needed to make informed decisions regarding pain relief.
- Class#3: Medications and Interventions
- Be an active participant in the decisions that affect you and your baby. Learn about induction of labor, unplanned cesareans, vacuum, fetal monitoring and more. This class series also includes opportunities for Q&A.
We recommend attending this class between the 28th and 32nd week of pregnancy.
Due to the changes in Maine Medical's visitor guidelines, we are temporarily offering this class online. After you are registered, shortly before the class starts you will receive an email with information as to how to participate in the class. Thank you for understanding.